1900 – 1960
As early as 1926, the Bichot family started a relationship with the House of Jean Bouchard, which was long established in Bordeaux. At the time, many Burgundian houses had a branch in Bordeaux for trade purposes.
During the economic boom that followed the end of WWII, the Bichot family purchased the House of Jean Bouchard, putting Jean Bouchard in charge of the company.
Jean Bouchard underwent a revival with the expansion of its offer of Burgundy wines, development of partnerships with estates and increased focus on retail sales.